Being a parent is not always easy. Can I get an amen?
When I heard the saying, “Your heart forever walking around outside of you” in reference to parenthood it sounded the alarm. My children are the center of my world, but they have needs, so do I, and so does our home.
That’s why I jotted down these RAW and REAL affirmations to help ease the load on your heart, mind and to-do list. It’s not always easy, but we have an inner-voice that can be mighty powerful when we use it to our advantage.
- I am made strong and powerful enough to handle this.
- That is not in my journey right now.
- I will not compare my children to one another.
- I love myself unconditionally.
- I don’t believe every thought that pops up in my head.
- I can deep breathe through this.
- Asking for help is resourceful.
- This child is apart of my legacy.
- This human does not have the life experience to deal with their emotions rationally.
- I love my children unconditionally.
- I am in control.
- Sometimes productivity looks messy.
- I always get it done.
- I will give myself the same advice I would give my best friend.
- I don’t give up, I take breaks.
- My mind is a powerful weapon I will use it to my advantage.
- Am I on team “me”?
- My child doesn’t mean everything they say.
- It can wait if it robs me of joyful present moments.
- I will respond calmly because I have control.
- I will forgive myself because self-love is what I want to model for my kids.
- My children do not judge me.
- My children understand easier when I am relaxed and calm.
- Slowing down means tuning in.
- This behavior is communicating a need. I am understanding and resilient.