There’s not one simple secret to an easy labor and delivery, but being surrounded by support is a key ingredient to helping a woman have her most joyful birth experience.
In order to endure labor with ease, a woman has to be able to connect her mind and body, which makes a good support system an important part of laying the foundation for her to access the strength she has within her.
That may feel like a lot of pressure for her support team, but it’s a lot simpler than you may think.
How can you be a supportive birth partner, really?
Take a look at our Birthing Tips any supportive partner can do during labor and delivery to support the best experience for mom and baby.
Here are 9 Birthing Partner Tips for a Supportive Partner:
- Get a copy of mom’s birth plan.
- Become an active participant in learning the birthing tools and techniques she will need, and let her know you’re there with her when the going gets tough: Your Best Birth
- Be prepared to listen to her and advocate for her.
- Be prepared to handle the details like finding parking, filling out forms, notifying friends and family, etc.
- Learn what her fears are, and provide affirmations to calm her.
- Have a hospital bag packed for yourself.
- Be flexible.
- Be prepared to wait.
- Be calm and ready to hold your sweet baby soon enough.